Oasis Accounting & Tax Corp  Oasis Accounting & Tax Corp

Refuge From Your Financial Challenges

A Diverse Accounting and Tax Practice to Meet Your Financial Needs

Tax Preparation Services

Preparing your own income tax return can be a task that leaves you with more questions than answers.  You see the commercials on television or advertisement on the internet that TurboTax or other name brand software or online programs can help anyone prepare their own taxes in the comfort of their own home without worry.  As an Enrolled Agent and tax accountant I have seen more taxpayers unknowingly make significant errors on their tax returns that either generated an audit that they were very unsuccessful at protecting themselves or an automatically generated change or adjustment to their tax return along with penalties and interest.  In either case these individuals and many times businesses ended up paying a lot more to have a certified tax professional to correct the return and negotiate with the Internal Revenue Service or state Department of Revenue to forgive the penalties.

According to a study released by the US Government's General Accounting Office, most taxpayers (77% of 71 million taxpayers) believe they benefited from using a professional tax preparer.

Whether we like it or not and I am guessing not, today's tax laws are so overly complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It is just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. Even with the use of a computer software program as mentioned above there's no substitute for the assistance of an experienced tax professional.  The use of either an Enrolled Agent, which is a tax professional licensed by the Internal Revenue Service Office of Professional Responsibility and must operate under the guidelines of IRS Circular 230.  Enrolled Agents specialize in taxes and the accounting required to prepare tax returns. Enrolled Agents are also authorized to prepare every type of tax return and represent every type of taxpayer before the Internal Revenue Service for any type of tax situation.  Enrolled Agents are able to perform all actions that a Certified Public Accountant may but the main difference is that an Enrolled Agent is licensed in all states and US territories to practice whereas CPA’s are licensed by each individual state.  Attorneys at law are also allowed to practice before the Internal Revenue Service.

Here's what we pride ourselves in doing for our clients

Are your books a mess? Bring us your shoe box or bankers box, we will compile your company financials, no problem!

If you own a small business and haven't kept up your bookkeeping, don't worry. We can help you. We'll prepare your bookkeeping for the year, prepare a full Schedule C, as well as your personal income tax return or your complete business return if you are a partnership or corporation (C or S). Then we'll help you set up an easy system that allows you to keep your books up to date and ready for next year.

We prepare the following types of tax returns

·         1040 – Individual Income Tax Return

·         1040NR – Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return

·         1065 – Return of Partnership Income

·         8865 – US Foreign Partnership Tax Return

·         1120 – Corporation Income Tax Return (All types)

·         1120S – S Corporation Income Tax Return

·         1041 – Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts

·         5227 – Split Interest Trust Information Return

·         990 – Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax (All types)

     o    1023 – Application recognition Exemption Under 501(c)3   

     o   1024 – Application for Exemption Under 501(a)

     o   1028 – application for Exemption Under 521

·         706 – Estate (Generation Skipping Transfer) Tax Return

·         709 – United States Gift Tax Return

·         5500 – Employee Benefit Plan Return

·         1045 – Application for Tentative Refund

·         1139 – Corporation Application for Tentative Refund

·         2290 – Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return

·         941 – Employers Quarterly Federal Tax Return (943, 944 and 945 as well)

·         940 – Employers Annual FUTA Tax Return

·         W-2 – Wage Statement (W-2C as well)

·         1099 – All types of required 1099 filings (MISC, DIV, INT, LTC, OID, PATR, Q, R, S)

·         1098 – All types of required 1098 filings (C, E, MA, T)


RoboForm - The Standard, The #1 Rated Password Manager